28.3.09

THIS IS A TOP TEN LIST, YOUR CAPTAIN SPEAKING.

Top Ten Reasons Christopher Plummer as Captain Von Trapp is The Ideal Man:

1. Dude has seven kids.

2. He is an Austrian who resists the Nazis IN SONG. See 5.

3. Devastatingly handsome.


4. "Yes. Well, you can't marry someone when you're in love with someone else... can you?"

5. "My fellow Austrians, I shall not be seeing you again perhaps for a very long time. I would like to sing for you now... a love song. I know you share this love. I pray that you will never let it die." Gets. Me. Every. Time.

6. "You'll never be one of them!"

7.8. Phenomenal dancer.


9. Max: What's going to happen's going to happen. Just make sure it doesn't happen to you. Captain von Trapp: Max. Don't you ever say that again. Max: You know I have no political convictions. Can I help it if other people do? Captain von Trapp: Oh yes, you can help it. You must help it.

10.

5 comments:

  1. i just watched the edelweiss clip. and i cried. totally not joking. real tears. also: doesn't james kind of look like captain von trapp? also: i still have leisel envy. also: i just had to stop myself from pushing myself backward up the stairs while singing goodniiiiiight. also: i'm going to watch the clip again. and cry some more. no jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the damn group sing-along. nothing beats it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. incredible. For me, it's always "Something Good" that gets me. Damn it, why are there no real men like Captain Von Trapp??
    My life slogan is WWJAD? (meaning: What would Julie Andrews do?)

    ReplyDelete